Let’s take it a step further and add a couple of questions to help you answer these questions so your thoughts (reflective practice) after a session become part of your planning moving forward.
Questions to ask yourself:
· Did I do what I had planned today?
· Was I prepared today to ensure maximum learning, understanding and effectiveness?
· What did I do well, and what made it work so well?
· What could have been done differently, and what do I need to do to meet my goals or the group’s goals?
· What was the most important information or skill that I wanted the families to learn today? Did they learn it? How do I know they learned it?
· What did I learn from the families today?